Submit a written request for a master use license to the artist's record company. If you need a master use license for a Word Entertainment Master (e.g. Word, Fervent, Myrrh, or Squint), you can send your request via email or via fax at 615-371-1351. Please include the following information in your request:
- Title of the song(s)
- Writer(s) of the song(s)
- Title of your project
- # of copies you are making
- The configuration(s) e.g. CD, VHS, DVD, CD-ROM
- Your physical mailing address
- The name of the person or organization that is to appear on license.
- The title of the CD you are taking the track from
- The artist performing this track, the duration of the use
- Product number of CD you are taking track from (usually found on the spine of jewel case). The numbers are structured as follows e.g. 080688123456
- If using these songs and masters in connection with a visual image, please include a description of the visual images, and how the songs and recordings are being used e.g. background, onscreen vocal performance.
- If you are making a compilation CD be sure to include the total number of songs on your project and a track listing of all the songs with artist names that you intend to use on the project.
Due to the high volume of requests, the amount of research involved, and the various levels of approval your request will have to go through, it may take 4 to 5 weeks for you to receive your license, which will be sent by regular mail. We are unable to respond directly to each request as they come in. Rest assured, we will process your request as quickly as possible.
- Word Entertainment does not allow any master use licensing of their Studio Series accompaniment tracks.