Create new account
Meet our team
Music publishing administration
Contact Music Services
Frequently asked questions
Rates and licenses
Verify royalty account
Royalty account help
Royalty account forms
You are here
» Music Services Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Music Services Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Check here for answers to frequently asked questions. If you can't find the answer,
for further assistance.
1. What does Copyright mean?
2. How can I get a license for a song you control?
3. Can I record using accompaniment tracks?
4. Who do we contact for permission to use artist recordings in our project i.e videos, CD compilations etc?
5. How do we seek permission to use accompaniment tracks that are produced by Word Music, LLC, Lillenas, LifeWay, or PraiseGathering?
6. How do we seek permission to use a listening CD of a Word, Lillenas, LifeWay, PraiseGathering musical or anthem to make rehearsal CDs?
7. How long does the licensing process take?
8. What happens after I submit a request?
9. What is CCLI?
10. Can I buy products from you?
11. Can I add or change lyrics to a copyrighted song?
12. Can I "borrow" portions of a copyrighted song for one of my original songs?
13. Can I use a copyrighted song in a medley arrangement?
14. What if I can't find the song I am looking for on your web page?
15. Do we have to pay royalties before we sell our product?
16. What's wrong with websites like worshiparchive.com?
17. Can we play CD's before and after our church services?
18. Do we need a license to perform music in church?
19. Do you accept song submissions from writers?
20. Can I contact the writer of the song about adding or changing the lyrics or melody?
21. Why are some songs owned by multiple publishers?
22. Can I use the title of someone else's copyrighted song as the title of my recording?
23. Do I need permission to translate songs into other languages?
24. Can Music Services license me to use songs in other territories and countries?
25. How can I learn more about the music business?
26. How can I find out who owns a song?
27. Can I use your song on my web page?
28. We are a non-profit organization; do we have to pay royalties?
29. How do I know what type of license I need?
30. How do I know which publishers you represent?
31. Can I post lyrics and/or chord charts of your songs on my website?
32. Can I get permission from Music Services for all songs that are printed in WORD and Brentwood-Benson products?
33. What Is Your Refund Policy?
34. Do I need permission to create an arrangement or use an arrangement of a public domain work?
1. What does Copyright mean? ›